5 Symptoms that 'doing' maths is wrong according to Dan meyer
- lack of initiative
- lack perseverance (expect problems to be solved immediately)
- Lack of Retention
- Aversion to word problem
- Eagerness for formula - lack the ability to diagnose a problem or decode information given to suit context
Points to Ponder
- 'Teach students the Maths of Reasoning and the Patience to solve a problem'. How critical is this in Mathematics learning and application?
- 'The formulation of a problem is more often more important than its solution, which may be a matter of mathematical or experimental skills.' Albert Einstein ---- How true is this
- Dan Meyer states that 'the application of the maths processes of the world around us is essential but also very difficult to teach'. Do you support his argument?